1/18/2012

Textured Stitches Book Signing



I had a really great Artist Date this week. I went to the Lion Brand Yarn Studio for the Textured Stitches book signing. Connie Chang Chinchio, is a busy working mom who managed to design the patterns, write the book, commute from NJ to DC and have a baby in 2011. I was exhausted just writing that.

The book, typical of Interweave publications, is full of gorgeous detailed, photos of contemporary, wearable sweaters and accessories. Chinchio's designs feature textural accents that add a touch of elegance to simple shapes.

I want to make a sweater this year. So every time I get my hands on a knitwear designer I'm planning to ask his or her opinion of what a good construction method for a beginning sweater knitter. Chinchio recommended a top down raglan. Maybe, I'm going to look at a few to see if there's anything I like.

I got a couple of pictures of the sweaters in Textured Stitches. They look great in the book, in person the knitting was soft and lofty. The colors were much richer in person too. Check out my pics from the evening:






No comments:

Post a Comment