1/09/2012

Magic Loop Knitting

This week I tried out  the Magic Loop technique. This might not be new territory for experienced knitters, but for me it’s terra incognita. I’ve read about the magic loop technique, but I got so overwhelmed by the idea that I never really tried it.

I found the Youtube video below that made the technique so clear. So I got my courage up and got a circular needle. I decided just to make a little ten-stitch circle.





My circular needle wasn’t really long enough, the process was a little awkward. Most sources recommend using a circular needle with a minimum of 24 inches of cable between them. I could only find a pair of circulars with a 16 inch cable this morning just before I ran out the door to work.

I had to start over a couple of times before I got the hang of it. Even with the short cord, the Magic loop is really simple. I already like it better for really tight circles than double points. I didn't take a picture of my, too loose and laddery, little circle because I was on the Q train when I was knitting and I didn't want to be that subway weirdo who stops to take pictures of the tiny piece of knitting she's working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment