1/31/2012

The Great Blog Move to lisatoppin.com Land

I'm getting ready to move my blog to my own domain, lisatoppin.com. I'm not super techie, but doing a Wordpress website and blog seemed simple enough. That is until I decided to change my web host. I initially parked my domain name on Network Solutions, but I went with BlueHost for, well, hosting of the website.

This is a case of everything taking longer than you'd expect. I had to call Network Solutions to get an authorization code for Bluehost to move my domain over. I was trapped in voicemail hell for a while then when I finally got a person on the phone, I had to verbally wrestle her into submission, before she would stop trying to persuade me not to switch and just email me the code I needed. Grrr!

I started the process of making the switch on January 22. I hoping that my domain will have been switched to the new host without incident by January 29. Network Solutions said that it could be up to seven, count them, seven days before the switch actually occurs.

Sometime in February I'll have a new website that includes my blog. I'll let you know the launch date in another post. I'd love to hear any ideas that you have about other features you'd like to see on my author website. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment