5/20/2011

What's Next?

I'll have the next short story ready to upload by the end of May. I finally have a working title that I might keep : Seeds of Fate. It's part of a quotation from Harry S. Truman;  "Actions are the seed of fate deeds grow into destiny." I'm still open to another title, but this was the one that evoked the theme of the story for me. 

This story takes place in the world of my novel many years in the past. I'm kind of toying with the idea of fate. Are certain events predestined? Can we influence our destiny? If we can to what degree?

Speaking of predestination, tomorrow is May 21, the projected date of the "Rapture," sort of a kick off party to the Christian doomsday. The excitement this latest end of the world scenario has ignighted (the second by Harold Camping btw) makes me think a lot of people believe in predestination.

Is there a date set for the end of the world in a cosmic outlook calendar? I don't know, but I'd like to think we are free to create our own destinies both individually and collectively as a species. In any case, as an eclectic pagan, I don't have to worry about being kidnapped naked by a supernatural being.  Wow, doesn't that sound like the plot of a paranormal romance?

No comments:

Post a Comment